Viscometer vs Rheometer | difference between Viscometer and Rheometer
This page compares Viscometer vs Rheometer and mentions difference between Viscometer and Rheometer.
• It is an instrument which measures viscosity over a limited shear rate range.
• Viscometer measures viscosity of fluid.
• Viscometer only measures under one flow condition.
• Viscometer has narrower shear rate range.
• There are different types of viscometers. It include rotational viscometer, vibrational viscometer, oscillation viscometer, falling piston viscometer, falling sphere viscometer, Saybolt viscometer, Capillary tube viscometer, orifice type viscometer, Redwood viscometer etc. The figure-1 depicts falling sphere type of viscometer.
• It is an instrument which measures viscosity over a wide range of shear rates and
visco-elastivity of fluids, semi-solids and solids.
• Rheometer measures rheological properties.
• For liquids with viscosities which vary with flow conditions, instrument known as rheometer is used.
• Rheometer has wider shear rate range.
• There are different types of Rheometers. It include rotational rheometer, extensional rheometer, capillary rheometer. The figure-3 depicts the same.
➤A rheometer is a viscometer, but a viscometer is not a rheometer.
➤The shear rate range of viscometer is less where as it is more for rheometer.
What is difference between or comparison between
Following links mention difference or comparison between various equipments and terms:
comparison between SPI and I2C
difference between PXI and PCI
Microscope vs Telescope
Amplitude Modulation vs Angle Modulation
difference between modem and router
Air Fuel Ratio Sensor vs O2 Sensor
Radiometer vs Spectrometer vs Spectroradiometer
Clamp meter vs digital multimeter
Colorimeter vs Spectrophotometer
difference between Prism and Grating
difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter
difference between Lux and Lumens