Clamp meter Vs digital multimeter | Difference between Clamp meter and digital multimeter
This page compares Clamp meter vs digital multimeter and mentions difference between Clamp meter and digital multimeter.
Introduction: Both clamp meter and digital multimeters are used for current measurement and they both have analog and digital versions. Clamp meter has all the functionalities of digital multimeter with some added measurements.
Following are the typical features of clamp meter.
• It is used for measurement of ac voltage, dc voltage, resistance, capacitance, frequency, ac current, dc current etc.
Following are the typical features of Digital multimeter.
• It is used for measurement of current (I), voltage (V), resistance (R) and impedance (Z).
• It displays the measurement in digital form on the LCD display or panel as per designed resolution.
• It converts analog reading to digital form with the help of internal ADC (Analog to Digital Converter).
• It offers high accuracy of measurement compare to analog multimeter type.
➤In order to measure current, in digital multimeter the path is required to be disconnected and meter is
interfaced in series with the broken circuit.
➤In order to measure current, the jaw of the clamp meter is put around the cable where flowing current is to be measured. Hence it is used in the situation where it is difficult to break or disconnect the circuit or cables.
What is difference between or comparison between
Following links mention difference or comparison between various equipments and terms:
comparison between SPI and I2C
difference between PXI and PCI
Microscope vs Telescope
Amplitude Modulation vs Angle Modulation
difference between modem and router
Air Fuel Ratio Sensor vs O2 Sensor
Radiometer vs Spectrometer vs Spectroradiometer
Clamp meter vs digital multimeter
Colorimeter vs Spectrophotometer
difference between Prism and Grating
difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter
difference between Lux and Lumens