What is Spectrophotometer or spectrometer?
This page covers Spectrophotometer or spectrometer basics.It mentions features of Spectrometer from reputed vendors/manufacturers. Other vendors of Spectrophotometer are also mentioned.
Definition: As we know in the field of physics, spectrometer is a instrument used to measure EM spectrum. The spectrum is a graph which has wavelength on X-axis and intensity on Y-axis. The spectrometer used in optical domain is known as spectrophotometer. It is used to measure light properties over specified range in the electro-magnetic or EM spectrum.
It has following applications:
• It is used in astronomy to analyze radiation from astronomical objects.
• It is also used to determine chemical composition.
Features of Spectrophotometer
Following table mention silent features of Spectrometer from Vernier Software & Technology.
|wavelength range of measurement||380nm to 950nm|
|accuracy of wavelength measurement||2nm|
|Power source||It can be powered using USB cable from any computing devices such as PCs, laptops etc.|
Other Spectrophotometer Vendors
Following are the popular Spectrophotometer vendors:
• JINAN PRECISION TESTING EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD, spectrophotometers model V-5000, UV-5200/5300/5500 etc.
• ProSource Scientific. model: SQ2800
• Cadex Inc.
• Cole-Parmer India Pvt. Ltd. , Genesys-20 Spectrophotometer