pH sensor probe and pH meter-Difference between pH sensor probe and pH meter
This page compares pH sensor probe vs pH meter and mentions difference between pH sensor probe and pH meter. The pH probe houses sensor for pH measurement.pH meter uses pH probe along with display.
pH is mathematical tool to measure acidity of a solution in chemistry.
Its value ranges from 0 to 14.
Refer what is pH value and how it is measured >>.
• The pH meter is electronic device which is used to measure
pH value of liquid. pH indicates acidity ot alkalinity of liquid.
• pH meter consists of measuring probe with sensor connected with display panel to indicate the measured pH value.
• pH meter measures concentration of H+ ions in the solution. Acidic solution has more positively charged hydrogen ions compare to alkaline solution.
• PH meter works like typical voltmeter. It consists of pair of electrodes (glass electrode and reference electrode) interfaced with meter which can measure smaller voltages usually in milli-volts.
• For precise measurement, pH meter should be calibrated before each measurements.
• The figure-1 depicts pH meter with pH probe.
pH sensor probe
• The pH probe consists of rod like structure usually made of glass
with bulb at the botttom.
• Bulb is sensitive part which contains pH sensor.
• To measure pH value of solution, probe is dipped into solution.
• The figure-2 depicts pH sensor probe.
What is difference between or comparison between
Following links mention difference or comparison between various equipments and terms:
comparison between SPI and I2C
difference between PXI and PCI
Microscope vs Telescope
Amplitude Modulation vs Angle Modulation
difference between modem and router
Air Fuel Ratio Sensor vs O2 Sensor
Radiometer vs Spectrometer vs Spectroradiometer
Clamp meter vs digital multimeter
Colorimeter vs Spectrophotometer
difference between Prism and Grating
difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter
difference between Lux and Lumens