Difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter | Venturi meter Vs Orifice meter
This page compares Venturi meter Vs Orifice meter and mentions difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter.
There are three common types of differential pressure flow meters.
• Venturi meter
• Orifice meter
• Flow Nozzle meter
These meters are placed in between the path of fluid flow which puts restriction in the path of the fluid. A pressure differential is created across the restriction. This pressure differential is used as a measure of the fluid flow.
• Venturi meter is a device used to measure discharge through the pipe.
• It is based on Bernoulli's principle.
• It can be used in any position viz. vertical, horizontal or inclined.
• It can be specified by inlet diameter x throat diameter.
• Orifice meter is a device used to measure volumetric flow rate.
• It uses Bernoulli's principle as used by venturimeter.
Following table summarizes difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter.
|Venturi Meter||Orifice Meter|
|Higher cost||Lower cost|
|Larger size||Smaller size|
|Low head loss||High head loss|
|High coefficient of discharge||Low coefficient of discharge|
What is difference between or comparison between
Following links mention difference or comparison between various equipments and terms:
comparison between SPI and I2C
difference between PXI and PCI
Microscope vs Telescope
Amplitude Modulation vs Angle Modulation
difference between modem and router
Air Fuel Ratio Sensor vs O2 Sensor
Radiometer vs Spectrometer vs Spectroradiometer
Clamp meter vs digital multimeter
Colorimeter vs Spectrophotometer
difference between Prism and Grating
difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter
difference between Lux and Lumens