Resistive Hygrometer vs Capacitive Hygrometer | Difference between Resistive Hygrometer and Capacitive Hygrometer
This page compares Resistive Hygrometer vs Capacitive Hygrometer and mentions difference between Resistive Hygrometer and Capacitive Hygrometer with respect to construction and working principle.
Relative Humidity measures water vapor relative to the temperature of the air as a percent. In other words, it is a measure of actual amount of water vapor in the air compare to the total amount of vapor which can exist in the air at its current temperature.
Following are the methods used for relative humidity measurement.
• Galvanometric Hygrometer
• Resistive Hygrometer
• Capacitive Hygrometer
• Microwave refractometer
• Aluminium Oxide Hygrometer
• Sling Psychrometer
• Crystal Hygrometer
Let us discuss Resistive Hygrometer and Capacitive Hygrometer methods.
• This hygrometer type utilizes resistivity change with respect to humidity for relative humidity measurement.
The figure-1 depicts Resistive Hygrometer.
• It uses hygrometric salt material such as LiCl (Lithium Chloride) for this purpose.
• Resistance of this material changes to wide range from 104 to 109 Ohms with humidity change from 100% to 0% respectively.
• Higher relative humidity will result into more moisture absorbtion by LiCl material. This will lower the resistance of the material and vice versa.
• This hygrometer type utilizes change in dielectric constant with respect to humidity for relative humidity measurement.
The figure-2 depicts Capacitive Hygrometer.
• Some of the hygroscopic materials exhibit this property.
• This hygroscopic material is placed between two parallel plates of a capacitor in the Capacitive Hygrometer.
• The change in dielectric constant can be detected by capacitive transducer.
What is difference between or comparison between
Following links mention difference or comparison between various equipments and terms:
comparison between SPI and I2C
difference between PXI and PCI
Microscope vs Telescope
Amplitude Modulation vs Angle Modulation
difference between modem and router
Air Fuel Ratio Sensor vs O2 Sensor
Radiometer vs Spectrometer vs Spectroradiometer
Clamp meter vs digital multimeter
Colorimeter vs Spectrophotometer
difference between Prism and Grating
difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter
difference between Lux and Lumens