Venturi Flume vs Venturi Meter | Difference between Venturi Flume and Venturi Meter
This page compares Venturi Flume vs Venturi Meter and mentions difference between Venturi Flume and Venturi Meter.
• It is critical flow open flume with constricted flow.
This causes drop in hydraulic grade line which creates critical depth.
• Venturi flume is used for very large flow rate measurements, usually in units of millions of cube.
• Venturi Flume measures in meters unlike venturi meter which measures in millimeters.
• Measurement of discharge with venturi flume requires two measurements viz. one at upstream and the other at throat (i.e. at narrowest cross-section).
• Venturi meter is a device used to measure discharge through the pipe.
• It is based on Bernoulli's principle.
• It can be used in any position viz. vertical, horizontal or inclined.
• It can be specified by inlet diameter x throat diameter.
Following table summarizes core difference between Venturi Flume and Venturi Meter.
|Features||Venturi Flume||Venturi Meter|
|Flow rate||Very large measurement of flow rates (in millions of cubic units).||Very small measurement|
|Measurement unit||It measures in meters.||It measures in millimeters.|
What is difference between or comparison between
Following links mention difference or comparison between various equipments and terms:
comparison between SPI and I2C
difference between PXI and PCI
Microscope vs Telescope
Amplitude Modulation vs Angle Modulation
difference between modem and router
Air Fuel Ratio Sensor vs O2 Sensor
Radiometer vs Spectrometer vs Spectroradiometer
Clamp meter vs digital multimeter
Colorimeter vs Spectrophotometer
difference between Prism and Grating
difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter
difference between Lux and Lumens