Difference between PXI and PCI | PXI vs PCI
This page compares PXI vs PCI and mentions difference between PXI and PCI.
The full form of PXI is PCI eXtensions for Instrumentation. There are two implementation of buses under PXI. They are PCI and PCI Express. They are governed by PCISIG.
PXI is very popular interface bus standard for modular test and measurement market. It is very popular since GPIB standard. There are total 70 vendors in PXI system alliance group. PCI express is latest in PXI platform. It supports data throughput upto 6Gbps.
Following are the features of PXI backplane:
• 100 MHz differential system reference clock
• 10 MHz reference clock signal
• Differential star trigger
• Star trigger bus with matched-length trigger traces to minimize intermodule delay and skew
• Trigger bus to send and receive high-speed timing and triggering signals
• Differential signals for multichassis synchronization
Refer PXI Bus vs VME Bus for more information about PXI bus.
• The full form of PCI is Peripheral Component Interconnect.
It is also known as Local Bus.
• PCI bus is part of PXI and developed by Intel.
• It is very successful and widely used.
• It has been developed to replace ISA bus.
• It is used in parallel multi drop configuration.
• It is used for just about any peripheral.
• It can support multiple high performance devices.
• It is used for graphics, full motion videos, SCSI, LANs etc.
Following are technical specifications of PCI bus:
• 64 bit bus capabilities
• usually implemented as 32 bit bus
• It runs at 33MHz or 66MHz speed
• Data rate is about 133 Mbyte/sec at 33MHz/32 bit bus width
What is difference between or comparison between
Following links mention difference or comparison between various equipments and terms:
comparison between SPI and I2C
difference between PXI and PCI
Microscope vs Telescope
Amplitude Modulation vs Angle Modulation
difference between modem and router
Air Fuel Ratio Sensor vs O2 Sensor
Radiometer vs Spectrometer vs Spectroradiometer
Clamp meter vs digital multimeter
Colorimeter vs Spectrophotometer
difference between Prism and Grating
difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter
difference between Lux and Lumens