Lead Compensator Vs Lag Compensator | Difference between Lead Compensator and Lag Compensator
This page compares Lead Compensator Vs Lag Compensator and mentions difference between Lead Compensator and Lag Compensator. The circuit diagrams for Lead Compensator and Lag Compensator along with transfer functions are also mentioned.
The compensator is a device used to improve performance specifications such as steady state and transient responses.
The figure-1 depicts circuit and transfer functions of
Lead Compensator. It is similar to PD controller.
Following are the features of Lead Compensator.
• Here zero is closer to origin than the pole.
• It improves transient response.
• It increases the bandwidth.
• (S/N)output < (S/N)input
• It helps to increase error constant upto some extent.
• It allows to pass higher frequencies and attenuates lower frequencies.
• Increases phase shift.
The figure-2 depicts circuit and transfer functions of
Lag Compensator. It is similar to PI controller. Following are the features of Lag Compensator.
• Here pole is closer to origin than the zero.
• It improves the steady state response.
• It increases error constant.
• It decreases bandwidth.
• It reduces effect of noise.
• It reduces stability margin.
• It does not affect the transient response.
• System becomes lesser stable.
• It allows to pass lower frequencies and attenuates higher frequencies.
• It decreases the phase shift.
Lead Lag Compensator
The figure-3 depicts circuit and transfer functions of
Following are the features of Lead-Lag Compensator.
• It improves both steady state and transient responses of the system.
What is difference between or comparison between
Following links mention difference or comparison between various equipments and terms:
comparison between SPI and I2C
difference between PXI and PCI
Microscope vs Telescope
Amplitude Modulation vs Angle Modulation
difference between modem and router
Air Fuel Ratio Sensor vs O2 Sensor
Radiometer vs Spectrometer vs Spectroradiometer
Clamp meter vs digital multimeter
Colorimeter vs Spectrophotometer
difference between Prism and Grating
difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter
difference between Lux and Lumens