CAT5 vs CAT5e vs CAT6 vs CAT6A-Difference between CAT5 CAT5e CAT6 CAT6A
This page compares CAT5 vs CAT5e vs CAT6 vs CAT6A and mentions difference between CAT5 vs CAT5e vs CAT6 and CAT6A.
Category 5 cable | CAT-5 ethernet cable
Following are the features of CAT-5 ethernet cable:
• Supports data rate upto 100 Mbps
• Supports bandwidth upto 100 MHz
• Supports maximum cable length of 100 meters.
• Have been replaced by CAT-5e cable type
Category 5e cable | CAT-5e ethernet cable
Following are the features of CAT-5e ethernet cable:
• Supports 1000 Mbps at 100 MHz bandwidth as Cat5 cable.
• Maximum cable length: 100 meters same as CAT5 cable.
• letter 'e' in CAT 5e stands for enhanced and it provides better performance compare to CAT-5 cable.
• It reduces crosstalk between near by ethernet cables
Category 6 cable | CAT-6 ethernet cable
Following are the features of CAT-6 ethernet cable:
• Supports 10 Gbps ethernet
• Supports extended bandwidth upto 250 MHz
• Supports cable length of about 33 to 55 meters for 10 gigabit speed and 100 meters for 1000Mbps. • Supports internal separator in order to achieve higher performance, but at higher cost.
• Available in 22 to 24 AWG wire gauge conductors
Category 6A cable | CAT-6A ethernet cable
Following are the features of CAT-6A ethernet cable:
• Supports 10Gbps speed over cable
• Supports cable length of about 100 meters
• Supports bandwidth of upto 500 MHz
• Available in 16 to 20 AWG wire gauge conductors
From the above features one can understand comparison between CAT5 vs CAT5e vs CAT6 vs CAT6A cable types.
What is difference between or comparison between
Following links mention difference or comparison between various equipments and terms:
comparison between SPI and I2C
difference between PXI and PCI
Microscope vs Telescope
Amplitude Modulation vs Angle Modulation
difference between modem and router
Air Fuel Ratio Sensor vs O2 Sensor
Radiometer vs Spectrometer vs Spectroradiometer
Clamp meter vs digital multimeter
Colorimeter vs Spectrophotometer
difference between Prism and Grating
difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter
difference between Lux and Lumens