Advantages of Electric Actuator | disadvantages of Electric Actuator
This page covers advantages and disadvantages of Electric Actuator. It mentions Electric Actuator advantages or benefits and Electric Actuator disadvantages or drawbacks.
• Transducer is a device which converts one form of energy into the other form
of energy. Both sensor and actuator are energy conversion devices. Hence they can be
called as transducers.
• A sensor is a device which converts physical parameter to electrical output.
• An actuator is a device which converts electrical input signal to mechanical or physical output signal (e.g. force or displacement).
Following are the main types of actuators.
• Electric actuator
• Hydraulic actuator
• Pneumatic actuator
What is Electric Actuator?
• It is one type of motor which is responsible for moving or controlling a system or mechanism
in which it is installed. It can generate motion and also it can stop motion.
• It is operated by source of energy which is elecric current.
• It converts this energy into motion.
The figure-1 depicts electric actuator.
Benefits or advantages of Electric Actuator
Following are the benefits or advantages of Electric Actuator:
➨It offers highest precision control positioning.
➨These actuators can be re-programmed quickly.
➨They offer immediate feedback for diagnostics and maintenance.
➨They produce less noise compare to pneumatic and hydraulic actuators.
➨Due to no fluid leakage, environmental hazards are eliminated.
Drawbacks or disadvantages of Electric Actuator
Following are the drawbacks or disadvantages of Electric Actuator:
➨They are expensive.
➨The performance of electric actuators depend on environmental conditions.
Advantages and Disadvantages of other equipments, meters or devices
What is difference between or comparison between
Following links mention difference or comparison between various equipments and terms:
comparison between SPI and I2C
difference between PXI and PCI
Microscope vs Telescope
Amplitude Modulation vs Angle Modulation
difference between modem and router
Air Fuel Ratio Sensor vs O2 Sensor
Radiometer vs Spectrometer vs Spectroradiometer
Clamp meter vs digital multimeter
Colorimeter vs Spectrophotometer
difference between Prism and Grating
difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter
difference between Lux and Lumens