polarization diversity vs angle diversity | Difference between polarization diversity and angle diversity
This page compares polarization diversity vs angle diversity and mentions difference between polarization diversity and angle diversity.
• It uses antennas of different polarizations i.e. horizontal and vertical as shown in the figure.
• Multiple versions of a signal are transmitted and received via antennas with different polarization.
• A diversity combining technique is applied on the receiver side.
• In polarization diversity technique antennas take advantage of multipath propagation characteristics to receive separate uncorrelated signals.
• Using this diversity technique, SNR is improved by upto 12 dB even in LOS channels.
• As shown one dual-polarized antenna can be used using polarization diversity technique. Here both the polarizations must be orthogonal such as horizontal/vertical or +/-45i slanted with respect to each other.
• Dual-Polarization Diversity is used for MIMO beamforming in 5G Millimeter-Wave system.
• This technique uses multiple antenna beams in order to
receive multipath signals which are arriving at different angles.
• The angle diversity method uses multiple receiving elements which are oriented in different directions. Each of the antenna elements employs its own unique filter and non-imaging concentrator.
• Hemispheric lens or CPC (compound parabolic concentrator) is used as concentrator.
• It offers better performance compare to infrared channel characteristics.
• The multibeam transmitter along with angle diversity receivers is used in order to reduce effect of path loss, ambient light noise and multi-path distortion.
What is difference between or comparison between
Following links mention difference or comparison between various equipments and terms:
comparison between SPI and I2C
difference between PXI and PCI
Microscope vs Telescope
Amplitude Modulation vs Angle Modulation
difference between modem and router
Air Fuel Ratio Sensor vs O2 Sensor
Radiometer vs Spectrometer vs Spectroradiometer
Clamp meter vs digital multimeter
Colorimeter vs Spectrophotometer
difference between Prism and Grating
difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter
difference between Lux and Lumens