Difference between Flow Meter and Flow Switch | Flow Meter Vs Flow Switch
This page compares Flow Meter Vs Flow Switch and mentions difference between Flow Meter and Flow Switch.
The device used for measurement of flow rate or quantity of gas/liquid moving in a pipe is called flow meter.
In other words it is an instrument used to monitor, to measure and to record the rate of flow, pressure or discharge of liquids/gases.
Examples of FLow meters:
• Differential Pressure Flow Meters (Orifice plate, Venturi meter, flow nozzle, Rotameter)
• Positive Displacement Flow Meters (Piston Flow Meter, Gear Flow meter, Helical Flow meter)
• Open Channel Flow Meters (Flumes, Weir, Sluice Gate)
• Electromagnetic Flow Meter
The mechanical device used to control flow of air/steam/liquid is known as
• The flow switches transmit trip signals to another devices (usually pumps) within the system in order to turn off or turn on. This helps in protecting damage to the system and to protect cooling circuit in the system.
• The flow switches are used to actuate alarms as well as used to control relays.
Examples of Flow switches:
• Water flow switch: Used in water sprinkler system
• Air flow switch: Used in room filter system, air treatment and exhaust ventilation system etc.
What is difference between or comparison between
Following links mention difference or comparison between various equipments and terms:
comparison between SPI and I2C
difference between PXI and PCI
Microscope vs Telescope
Amplitude Modulation vs Angle Modulation
difference between modem and router
Air Fuel Ratio Sensor vs O2 Sensor
Radiometer vs Spectrometer vs Spectroradiometer
Clamp meter vs digital multimeter
Colorimeter vs Spectrophotometer
difference between Prism and Grating
difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter
difference between Lux and Lumens