First order system vs second order system | Difference between First order system and second order system
This page compares first order system vs second order system and mentions difference between first order system and second order system. It mentions what is zero order system with example.
Zero Order System
In the system in which as input changes, output also changes immediately is called zero order system.
First Order System
• In the system in which as input changes, output also changes but not immediately is called first order system.
• This system takes some delay but without oscillation.
• The figure-1 depicts circuit diagram of one such first order system.
Second Order System
• In the system in which as input changes, output also changes but with some delay and oscillation is called second order system.
• The figure-2 depicts circuit diagram of one such second order system.
• Analog instruments are second order instrument which has damping factor (ξ) between 0.6 to 0.8. It is an underdamped system.
What is difference between or comparison between
Following links mention difference or comparison between various equipments and terms:
comparison between SPI and I2C
difference between PXI and PCI
Microscope vs Telescope
Amplitude Modulation vs Angle Modulation
difference between modem and router
Air Fuel Ratio Sensor vs O2 Sensor
Radiometer vs Spectrometer vs Spectroradiometer
Clamp meter vs digital multimeter
Colorimeter vs Spectrophotometer
difference between Prism and Grating
difference between Venturi meter and Orifice meter
difference between Lux and Lumens