Quality Assurance vs Quality Control-Difference between Quality Assurance and Quality Control
This page compares Quality Assurance(QA) vs Quality Control(QC) and mentions difference between Quality Assurance and Quality Control. The other comparison and difference between terms are also mentioned.
Both the terms are used in Software Development Life Cycle. QA is related to processes whle QC is related to developed product. Let us understand point by point comparison between QA and QC along with examples of both.
1. The purpose of Quality Assurance is to make sure that we are doing the right things and
using the right way.
2. It focuses on processes used during development and hence helps in preventing the defects in the product.
3. Quality Assurance is the responsibility of the entire team.
4. Quality Assurance (QA) deals with process.
5. Quality Assurance is applied to entire life cycle.
6. It is basically a preventive process.
7. Scope: It is applied organization wide.
8. Tool: It is managerial tool.
Quality Assurance Examples:
• QA audit
• Process documentation
• Establishing standards
• Developing checklists
• conducting internal audits
1. The purpose of Quality Control is to make sure that results we have achieved are same as
we have expected or planned.
2. It focuses on testing for quality after finished product and hence helps in detecting the defects.
3. Quality Control is the responsibility of the test engineers or testers.
4. Quality Control (QC) deals with product.
5. Quality Control is limited to testing part in the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
6. It is basically a corrective process.
7. Scope: It is applied specific to products/projects.
8. Tool: It is corrective tool.
Quality Control Examples:
• QC review
• Performing inspection
• Performing testing
What is difference between or comparison between
Following links mention comparison or difference between various equipments:
comparison between VSG and VSA
DIfference between SNA ans VNA
Oscilloscope Bandwidth versus Rise time
Oscilloscope vs Logic Analyzer
Difference between Oscillscope types
Comparison between spectrum and network analyzer