Power Analyzer basics and selection factors
This page of equipments section of Test and Measurement World covers PCE-830-1 power analyzer. It mentions features of PCE-830-1 power analyzer from PCE Instruments. Other vendors of power analyzer are also mentioned.
The analyzer which measures single to three phase of AC (Alternating Current) is known as Power analyzer. It measures other parameters also such as current, voltage, frequency, power etc. It also measures harmonics as per EN50160 standard.
Following are the factors considered for selection of Power Analyzer:
• Maximum current and power values which can be measured.
• Memory size to store the readings.
• Harmonics of AC current (%)
• Power Factor
• Ports supported
Features of Power Analyzer PCE-830-1 from PCE Instruments UK Ltd.
• Used for analysis of 3P4W, 3P3W, 1P2W, 1P3W
• Measures true rms voltage, active power, reactive power, power factor, phase angle etc.
• Measures energy in WH, KWH, KVARH, PFH
• Measures current in the range 0.1 mA to 1000A
• Display multiple parameters (about 35) on single screen
• Display 50 harmonics on single screen
Other Vendors of Power Analyzer
Following are the popular vendors of Power Analyzer:
• Yokogawa (Model: WT3000, CW240)
• Tektronix (Model: PA1000)
• Fluke 430 series 3-phase power analyzer
• Extech Instruments
• Keysight Technologies